FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Brooklyn-style Turkey Burger
Lean, juicy burgers with a New York accent! Feel free to change up the seasonings to add a personal touch.
View all tips »
Pressed for time? These burgers are also great without the onions. Just top with cheese and your favorite salsa.
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 lb. Jennie-O Turkey Store® Ground Turkey
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 red onions (medium), thinly sliced
- Salt and coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 burger buns, split and toasted
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- Combine oregano, cumin and chili powder with ground turkey. Form into 4 patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Heat a skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray over medium-high heat. Cook patties in skillet for approximately 18 to 20 minutes, turning 2 to 3 times until internal temperature measures 165°F on a meat thermometer.
- In another skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until onions are softened and browned.
- Place turkey patties onto the bottom half of the bun. Top with cheese, onions and top half of buns.