FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower Gratin
Our fresh, buttery Brussels sprouts are washed and ready to enjoy, making this side dish even quicker and easier than ever. Highlight their flavor by adding tender, cooked cauliflower and crisp bacon.
- 4 cup(s) fresh cauliflowerets
- 4 cup(s) fresh brussels sprouts, quartered
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup(s) 2% milk
- 2/3 cup(s) half-and-half cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup(s) grated Parmesan and Romano cheese blend
- Place cauliflower and brussels sprouts in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving drippings. Sauté onion and garlic in drippings until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add the milk, cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in cauliflower mixture and bacon. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-quart baking dish. Cover and bake at 375°F for 15 minutes.
- Combine bread crumbs and cheese blend. Uncover vegetables; sprinkle with bread crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.