FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Butternut Squash Au Gratin
Let the sweet smell of fall swell in the air. Swap butternut squash for traditional potatoes for a rich, cheesy, sweet-flavored side dish.
View all tips »
Serve with a lightly dressed salad. Substitute different cheese as desired.
- 4 lb. butternut squash
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup(s) grated white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Toss butternut squash with olive oil and place on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 375°F.
- Place butternut squash into a mixing bowl.
- Add heavy cream, 1/2 cup Parmesan, cheddar, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan on top of the gratin.
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.