FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Mmm. Buttery, rich homemade cookies, and all you need to make them are six simple ingredients.
View all tips »
Watch the clock when baking these cookies since they brown very little and their shape does not change.
- 1/4 cup(s) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup(s) shortening
- 1/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 cup(s) plus 2 Tbsp. Gold Medal® All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Heat oven to 300°F. In large bowl, beat butter, shortening and sugars with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour and salt. (Dough will be dry and crumbly; use hands to mix completely.)
- Roll dough into 9x6-inch rectangle on lightly floured surface. Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies about 25 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.