FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Cajun Rice Maque Choux
This easy recipe combines all of the classic flavors of the Cajun kitchen in a satisfying rice side dish that is perfect with any grilled fish or meat.
View all tips »
Add grilled chicken or shrimp to turn this into a one-dish meal!
- 2 cup(s) Kraft® Minute® White Rice
- 1 cup(s) chicken or beef broth
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1/2 cup(s) onion, sliced
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 cup(s) fresh or canned tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp. thyme
- Kernels from one ear of sweet corn (or .50 cup frozen corn)
- Cook Kraft® Minute White Rice in broth and water, with bay leaf and 1 tablespoon of butter, according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- In a large sauté pan, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, celery, McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Steak Seasoning and thyme. Sauté about 4 minutes, or until onions are clear.
- Add tomatoes and sweet corn kernels. Sauté 3 minutes longer.
- Add Kraft® Minute White Rice to pan. Stir to blend and heat through. Serve.