FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Chocolate Candy Trail Mix Cookies
Servings: Makes 5 to 6 dozen
Chocolate chip-style cookies have a colorful personality when made with Kar’s™ Sweet ‘n Salty Mix®. Pack a few in a lunchbox for a surprise or take some along on a hike as energy food. Store overnight for best flavor to enjoy the next day.
View all tips »
Note that there is no salt used in this recipe to accommodate the saltiness in Kar’s Sweet ‘n Salty Trail Mix.
Chocolate candy buttons can be separated from the rest of the mix and pressed into the cookie tops.
- 1 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) white sugar
- 1 cup(s) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Kar’s Sweet ‘n Salty Mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease two baking sheets.
- Beat the sugars, butter, eggs and vanilla together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Stir in flour and baking soda until well blended. Fold in Kar’s Sweet ‘n Salty Mix until evenly mixed.
- Refrigerate cookie batter for at least 45 minutes; this will prevent the cookies from spreading while baking.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Bake in preheated oven 9 to 11 minutes, or until top of cookie is set when touched with a finger. Cool on racks.