FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Caramel Apple Cookies
Make your fall party festive with these adorable cookies that look just like caramel apples. They're great for entertaining guests of all ages.
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup(s) confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) semisweet chocolate chips
- 48 round toothpicks
- 40 caramels
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup(s) finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in chips.
- Shape into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Immediately insert a round toothpick in center of each cookie. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, combine caramels and water. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Holding a cookie by the toothpick, dip cookie in melted caramel, turning to coat. Allow excess to drip off. Immediately dip the bottom and sides in pecans.
- Place on waxed paper. Repeat with remaining cookies, caramel mixture and pecans. Let stand until set.