FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Caramel Oatmeal Chewies
Gooey, chocolaty and packed with the goodness of oats, this caramel-topped bar is a sweet ending to everything from picnics to potlucks.
- 1 3/4 cup(s) Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup(s) fi rmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt (optional)
- 12 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted (1 .50 sticks)
- 2 cup(s) semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup(s) nuts, chopped
- 1 cup(s) caramel ice cream topping
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom of 13x9" metal baking pan.
- In large bowl, combine oats, 1-1/2 cups fl our, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir in butter; mix well. Reserve 1 cup oat mixture; press remaining oat mixture onto bottom of baking pan.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with chips and nuts. Mix caramel topping with remaining fl our in small bowl; drizzle over nuts to within 1/4" of pan edges. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture. Continue baking 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack; refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars.