FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Gooey Caramel-Pecan Brownies
Just one taste of these rich caramel-pecan delights, and you’ll see why they’re some of the best homemade brownies!
View all tips »
If you like, save some time by substituting caramel topping for the caramels and milk. You'll enjoy the same great taste and have more time for eating brownies!
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) shortening
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup(s) Gold Medal® All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup(s) baking cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped pecans, if desired
- 12 vanilla caramels
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and sides of 9-inch square pan.
- Mix sugar, shortening, vanilla and eggs in medium bowl. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Spread batter in pan; sprinkle with pecans. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Heat caramels and milk in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted. Drizzle over warm brownies. Cool completely. For 16 brownies, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows.