FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Just like old-fashioned peanut brittle, this sweet treat has the right crunch and buttery flavor. For best results, use a candy thermometer and measure all ingredients in advance to work quickly once the mixture reaches a boil.
- 1 1/2 cup(s) white sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) light corn syrup
- cup(s) water
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Planter’s® Fancy Whole Cashews with Salt, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Grease a large cookie sheet. Set aside.
- Bring sugar, corn syrup and water to a boil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in cashews. Set candy thermometer in place, and continue cooking. Stir frequently until temperature reaches 300°, or until a small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water separates into hard and brittle threads.
- Remove saucepan from heat and immediately stir in butter and baking soda; pour at once onto cookie sheet. With 2 forks, lift and pull the peanut mixture into a rectangle measuring about 14x12 inches. Let cool and break candy into pieces.