FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
Reduced-fat sour cream acts as the binding agent to make these creamy, bright maize-colored potatoes. A hearty helping of shredded cheddar adds another layer of savory flavor to this impressive side dish.
- 3 3/4 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 cup(s) (8 oz.) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tsp. minced fresh thyme or 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 cup(s) (8 oz.) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Stir in the sour cream, thyme, salt, pepper and 1 cup cheese. Transfer to a 3-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through.