FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Chef Casey Thompson's Breakfast Migas
All-star Chef Casey Thompson of Fort Worth, TX reveals her spicy twist on a Tex-Mex breakfast favorite.
View all tips »
Chef Casey recommends making the chips – preferably corn tortillas - ahead of time to eliminate a step. Visit www.brownstonerestaurants.com for more meals from Casey.
- 2 Tbsp. oil, separated
- 1 cup(s) chorizo, diced (sausage be used as an alternative)
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. ground chile powder
- 2 cup(s) tomato sauce
- 2 can Hunt's Diced Tomatoes
- 1 lime, juiced
- 6 eggs, scrambled
- 12 tortillas, cut into chips
- 6 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 cup(s) cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 sour cream with 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 cup(s) crumbled queso fresco (pepper jack cheese be used as an alternative)
- In a sauté pan, heat oil.
- Add diced chorizo (or sausage).
- Add onion and jalapeno. Saute until soft.
- Add dry spices. Add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Place the contents of the pan to a blender. Carefully blend mixture until smooth. Return the contents of pan to the stove. Simmer for 10 minutes on low.
- Season with juice of 1 lime and 1 tsp salt.
- Heat 6 cups of oil in a pan and heat over med-high heat.
- In another non-stick pan, add 1 T oil over medium heat. Add eggs and scramble. Cook until eggs are almost cooked through and season with 1 tsp salt. Add tomato mixture.
- In the pan with the heated oil, add the chips and fry until crisp. Remove to a plate with paper towels, and season with salt.
- Add chips to the egg and sauce pan. Combine to coat.
- Plate the egg and chips on each plate.
- Garnish with cilantro, sour cream, and cheese.