FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Rainier cherries with their beautiful sunset colors offer a sweet surprise in this sophisticated chicken salad. Serve the salad atop a bed of baby greens or use as a sandwich filling in crusty French rolls. If Rainier cherries aren’t available, dark sweet cherries are a delicious substitute.
View all tips »
To save a preparation step, rotisserie chicken meat may be used for the chicken meat.
- 3 cup(s) chicken meat, cooked and chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Northwest Cherries (Dark Sweet or Rainier), pitted and halved
- 2 Tbsp. minced chives
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger root
- 3/4 cup(s) toasted, chopped pecans, optional
- 1/2 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Mix the chicken meat, green onions, celery, cherries, chives and ginger together in a large bowl. Stir in the toasted pecans, if using.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, olive oil, salt and pepper. Spoon dressing over the chicken mixture and toss to coat evenly.