FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Traditional cookies get an upgrade when you mix in the highest quality cherries from the finest orchards.
- 1 cup(s) dried cherries, chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) hot water
- 6 Tbsp. shortening
- 6 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp. grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cup(s) quick-cooking oats
- 1 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup(s) (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, soak cherries in hot water for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream the shortening, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, orange peel and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips and cherries with liquid.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350°F for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks.