FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Cherry-Chocolate Cookie Cups
Servings: 48 bars
You've heard of peanut butter cups, but have you ever tried this delicious cherry-chocolate cookie version? With the help of Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix, you can enjoy these gourmet, cherry cream-filled chocolate cups in the comfort of your own home.
View all tips »
Don’t like amaretto? Orange-flavored liqueur also tastes great. Try your favorite flavor of liqueur, or omit it.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 ounce) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1/3 cup(s) unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup(s) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 egg
- 1 bag (12 ounce) white vanilla baking chips
- cup(s) whipping cream
- 1/4 cup(s) amaretto
- 1/2 cup(s) finely chopped candied cherries
- Red decorator sugar crystals or 8 candied cherries, each cut into 6 pieces
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 48 mini muffin cups with cooking spray. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix and cocoa until well mixed. Stir in butter, water and egg until soft dough forms.
- Shape dough into 48 (1-inch) balls. (If dough is sticky, use moistened fingers.) Press 1 ball into bottom and up side of each muffin cup.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until edges are set. Gently press end of handle of wooden spoon into bottom and against side of each cookie cup to flatten, being careful not to make holes in dough. Bake 2 to 3 minutes longer or until bottom is set. Cool in pan on cooling rack 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwavable bowl, mix baking chips and cream. Microwave on High 30 seconds; stir. Microwave 20 to 30 seconds longer or until mixture is smooth and chips are melted. Stir in amaretto and chopped cherries. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes until slightly thickened; stir.
- Using tip of knife or metal spatula, lift cookie cups out of pan, gently twisting and lifting up; place on cooling racks. Repress centers with spoon if necessary. Spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons cherry mixture into each cup. Sprinkle with red sugar or top with cherry piece.