FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
A French dessert made with dark sweet cherries. Cherries are pitted and sliced into a buttered dish with a thick flan-like batter and then baked.
- 2 cup(s) dark sweet cherries, pitted
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) light cream
- 3/4 cup(s) flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Generously butter a 10-inch pie dish. In a small bowl, mix the pitted cherries with the 1 tablespoon of sugar. Stir to coat.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with a rotary beater. Then add the milk, cream, flour, salt, remaining sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth (but not too long). Pour batter into pie dish. Carefully add the cherries.
- Put the dish in the warm oven and bake until puffy and lightly brown, about 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.