FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Egg Beaters® French Toast with Fresh Cherry Compote
Now elegant French toast can be made without feeling guilty by using mostly Egg Beaters®, 2% milk (instead of whole) and fresh orange juice for a punch of flavor.
- 1 1/2 cup(s) chopped cherries, pitted
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup(s) Egg Beaters
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. milk (2%)
- 1/3 cup(s) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. unsalted butter
- 12 slices sourdough or whole wheat bread
- 1 Tbsp. Grand Marnier (optional)
- In a blender combine the Egg Beaters, egg whites, honey, sugar, milk, vanilla extract, orange juice and cinnamon.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle on high heat until a drop of water "dances" on it.
- Immerse the bread slices in the egg mixture for a minute or two to soak up the liquid.
- Use about 1/2 teaspoon of butter to coat the skillet for each batch of French toast. Place dipped slices on griddle and fry for about 2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- Serve drizzled with the cherry compote.