FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Chewy Pecan Snow Balls
This season, roll the snow balls inside! Appropriately named for the season, these little treats deliver the perfect balance of sweetness – much like shortbread.
View all tips »
To grind nuts, use a coffee grinder or food processor and pulse the nuts until they are ground.
For a little spice, stir 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon into dough before baking.
- 1 pouch (1 lb. 1.5 oz.) Betty Crocker® Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup(s) (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup(s) cornstarch
- 3/4 cup(s) ground pecans
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, egg, cornstarch, pecans and vanilla extract until dough forms.
- For each cookie, roll 1 tablespoon cookie dough between hands to form a ball. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set and bottoms are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack. Cool completely then roll in powdered sugar.