FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Chex® Halloween Snow Drifts
Here’s a sweet and savory treat that could be served with equal success at a Halloween bash for grown ups or the kids.
View all tips »
To make things easier, wipe a small amount of vegetable oil on your hands before attempting to shape the sticky mixture.
- 3/4 cup(s) butter
- 3/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 5 cup(s) Triple Chex® Cereal
- 2 cup(s) Cheerios®
- 2 cup(s) chow mein noodles
- 2 cup(s) peanuts
- 2 bags (11.5 ounce) white chocolate pieces
- 2 bags (7 ounce) shredded coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or line two muffin pans with paper liners.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir in brown sugar, salt and cinnamon and stir until sugar melts.
- Mix Triple Chex® Cereal, Cheerios®, chow mein noodles and peanuts in a large bowl. Pour the melted butter-brown sugar mixture over the cereal mixture and toss to coat evenly. Put on sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes. Stir and bake an additional 8 to 10 minutes. Return to large bowl and cool.
- Melt white chocolate pieces in a double boiler. (If using a microwave, melt chocolate for 30 seconds, stir and then melt for another 30 seconds.)
- Add toasted coconut to cooled cereal-peanut mixture. Generously, drizzle the melted white chocolate over the coconut-cereal mixture and continue mixing to thoroughly coat all ingredients.
- Place cereal mixture in prepared muffin pans and refrigerate at least one hour (or overnight). Place on serving plate and serve.