FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Chex® Pecan Waffles with Strawberries
The addition of whipped egg whites make these waffles remarkably airy and light, while the Triple Chex® Cereal and pecans provide a surprising crunch.
View all tips »
This is a very fluffy batter, so don’t overfill the waffle iron.
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) crushed Triple Chex® Cereal
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped toasted pecans
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 cup(s) buttermilk or whole milk
- 1/4 cup(s) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
- 1 cup(s) sliced strawberries
- 3 Tbsp. sugar (or more, to taste)
Combine strawberries with sugar and let sit for 10 minutes to macerate.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cereal, baking powder, salt and pecans.
- In a second bowl, whip eggs yolks, brown sugar, buttermilk or whole milk, melted butter and vanilla or almond extract.
- Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated, greased waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.