FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Chicken and Shrimp Satay
A dash of citrus awakens the flavor of this great-for-the-grill recipe. And no one can resist the savory dipping sauce sweetened with chunky peanut butter and brown sugar.
- 3/4 lb. uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 lb. chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. minced parsley
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine or chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2/3 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced-fat chunky peanut butter
- 2 1/4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. each dried basil, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp and chicken. Place in a large shallow dish; set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute green onions in butter until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the parsley, wine, lemon juice and lime juice. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Pour over skewers and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, turning every 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add the remaining sauce ingredients; cook and stir until blended. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place skewers over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat for 7 to 8 minutes, turning often. Brush with 1/4 cup sauce during the last minute of grilling. Serve with remaining sauce.