FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Chicken, Apple and Pecan Salad
Citrus and salt, with the crunch of apples and pecans, create a refreshing salad for lunch or a light supper. As versatile as it is delicious, serve it atop a bed of butter lettuce or baby greens, or use it as a croissant sandwich filling.
View all tips »
- As a shortcut, use a rotisserie chicken for the chicken meat.
- Two medium lemons will yield about 1/3 cup lemon juice.
- Kalamata olives may be substituted for the green olives.
- 2 cup(s) chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup(s) chopped New Crop Gala Apples
- 1/3 cup(s) lemon juice
- 1 cup(s) chopped celery
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped Spanish green olives
- 3/4 cup(s) coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the chicken and apples in a large bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice, tossing to coat evenly. Mix in the celery, olives and pecans.
- Stir the mayonnaise, sour cream and olive oil together in a small bowl. Spoon mayonnaise mixture over the chicken and toss to coat evenly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill well before serving.