FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Chicken & Broccoli Pasta Casserole
Broccoli, cheese and chicken get together for a delicious casserole the whole family will enjoy.
View all tips »
Tips: Discard bone and skin when cutting rotisserie chicken. If desired, substitute 2 cups canned or baked chicken for rotisserie chicken.
- 16 oz. Daily Chef™ Elbow Macaroni
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen broccoli cuts
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 3 cup(s) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cup(s) rotisserie chicken, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; after 6 minutes of boiling, add broccoli cuts to pasta and continue cooking per package directions; drain. Leave pasta and broccoli in colander.
- Return hot, empty pan to medium heat and add butter. Once butter has melted, whisk in flour until blended well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add milk and cook, whisking constantly, until mixture simmers. Remove from heat and stir in 2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Add chicken and pasta and broccoli mixture. Stir gently to blend. Place in prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake, uncovered, for 5 additional minutes or until cheese is melted.