FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Chicken Focaccia Pizzas
This recipe is a certified game-changer for pizza expectations everywhere. Here, a homemade focaccia base adds a unique and flavorful foundation for chunky toppings and gooey cheese.
- 1/4 oz. active dry yeast
- 1 cup(s) warm water (110°F to 115°F)
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. cornmeal
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 2 cup(s) cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 1/4 oz. sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup(s) (4 oz.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Ranch salad dressing, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil, sugar, Italian seasoning, salt and 2 1/2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle cornmeal over two greased 12-inch pizza pans. Punch dough down; turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide in half; roll each portion into a 13-inch circle.
- Transfer to prepared pans; build up edges slightly. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Brush crusts with remaining oil; sprinkle with garlic and basil. Top with chicken, tomatoes, olives and cheeses.
- Bake at 400°F for 22 to 26 minutes or until crusts are golden brown. Serve with ranch dressing, if desired.