FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Hosting an appetizer buffet? Showcase these mini chicken sandwiches that boast a do-ahead prep tip.
View all tips »
Want to make these ahead? Freeze baked puffs for up to 2 months. Thawing at room temperature for 30 minutes is all that's needed before cutting and filling.
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/4 cup(s) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup(s) Gold Medal® All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup(s) deli chicken salad
- Heat oven to 400°F. In 2-quart saucepan, heat water and butter to rolling boil. Stir in flour and thyme; reduce heat to low. Stir vigorously about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoons about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet away from draft, about 30 minutes.
- Cut off top one-third of each puff and pull out any filaments of soft dough. Fill each puff with 1 rounded tablespoon chicken salad.