FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Chicken and Rice Soup
Got leftover rice? This soup is a wonderful way to use it. You can also substitute the celery and carrots for other ingredients in your fridge, making this a great soup to throw together with what you have at hand.
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 ribs celery, trimmed, diced
- 2 carrots (medium), diced
- 1 can chicken broth (49 ounce)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can Member’s Mark® canned chicken breast (13ounce), drained
- 1/2 cup(s) cooked long-grain rice
- 2 Tbsp. parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Cook and stir celery and carrots until vegetables are tender. Stir in broth and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
- Stir in chicken and rice.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper and stir in chopped parsley. Divide the soup among warm bowls and serve.