FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Chicken Spinach Calzone
There’s something really crave-worthy about the way calzones bring flavors together, fusing to make a truly unique combination of tastes. A few simple ingredients will make these cheesy, sausage and veggie-stuffed restaurant-style calzones easy to make at home.
View all tips »
Calzones can be stuffed with anything in your refrigerator, such as corn, tomatoes and chicken.
Serve with extra Ragù® sauce as a dipping sauce.
- 2 cans crescent roll
- 3 Artisan Fresh™ Italian Style Chicken Sausages, casings removed
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cup(s) fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup(s) sliced black olives
- Ragù® Spaghetti Sauce
- Frigo® Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brown sausage in sauté pan.
- Add chopped mushrooms to sausage and cook for 2 minutes, then add spinach until lightly wilted. Turn off heat and toss in olives. Let cool.
- Lay 1 crescent triangle on work surface and place 2 teaspoons of Ragù® sauce onto the triangle and add 1 heaping tablespoon of sausage mixture, top with 1 tablespoon of shredded mozzarella.
- Place second triangle of roll on top and press edges with fork, poke the top of calzone once with the fork.
- Lightly oil a cookie sheet.
- Transfer to cookie sheet and cook for 15 minutes in a 375°F oven.