FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Chicken Taco Salad
With kids, you just can't predict what a weeknight will throw at you. Here's a recipe that's as flexible as you need it to be with plenty of opportunities for easy substitutions. So when the night's not your own, at least the meal can be.
- 4 cup(s) water
- 3/4 lb. chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 cup(s) minced fresh cilantro, optional
- 1/4 cup(s) finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 tsp. grated lime peel
- 1/4 tsp. taco seasoning
- 2 cup(s) chopped lettuce
- 1 plum tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped dry roasted peanuts
- In a large nonstick skillet, bring water to a boil. Reduce heat; add chicken. Poach, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain and cool slightly. Cut chicken into cubes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cilantro if desired, onion, lime juice, oil, pepper sauce, lime peel, taco seasoning and chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, toss the chicken mixture with the lettuce, tomato, cheese and peanuts.