FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Chicken with Cashews, Pineapple and Papaya
Enjoy tropical flavors with this easy baked chicken dish topped with a fruity sauce enhanced by the crunch of Planter’s® Fancy Whole Cashews with Salt. Use your favorite cut of chicken if you don’t wish to use all the parts of a whole chicken.
- 2 frying chickens, cut up (or ready-to-use cuts of chicken)
- 1 cup(s) flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) orange juice
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt, to taste
- 1 fresh pineapple, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 fresh papaya, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup(s) Planter’s Fancy Whole Cashews with Salt, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a wide rectangular baking dish large enough to hold all the chicken parts.
- Place the flour and 1 teaspoon salt into a paper bag; add the chicken parts a few at a time and shake to coat. Put the chicken into the prepared dish.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and pour over the chicken. Bake the chicken for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the orange juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce and salt in a saucepan. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens, about 8 minutes. Stir in the pineapple, papaya and cashews. When the chicken is cooked, pour the sauce over the chicken and bake 10 minutes more.