FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Chocolate Brownie Oatmeal Squares
These moist, chunky-chocolate squares, studded with Hershey®’s Mini Kisses® and chocolate chunks, will delight chocolate fans and have them begging for seconds. Pack these for a school lunch or serve for dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
View all tips »
If desired, mix in 1/3 cup wheat germ for an extra healthful bonus.
- 1 cup(s) old-fashioned (uncooked) oatmeal
- 1 3/4 cup(s) boiling water
- 2 pouches Hershey®’s Ultimate Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Place oatmeal in a large mixing bowl and stir in boiling water. Allow to stand 10 minutes until most of the water is absorbed.
- Stir brownie mix, eggs and oil into the oatmeal mixture. Mix in walnuts until evenly blended. Spoon batter into prepared dish.
- Bake for about 47 to 49 minutes, or until top springs back when touched or toothpick inserted into brownie squares comes out clean. Cool in pan before cutting into squares.