FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Chocolate Cherry Muffins
Turn brownies into muffins—the perfect portable treat—by adding chopped fresh or dried cherries to Betty Crocker®’s Ultimate Chocolate Brownie Mix. Using a prepared brownie mix makes it easy to whip up a batch in no time! Sweetened, dried cranberries may also be used, and some cooks like to add chopped pistachios.
View all tips »
- If using fresh cherries, be sure to remove pits and drain well before adding to brownie batter.
- Chopped walnuts may be substituted for the pistachio nuts, if desired.
- Muffins may also be frosted with your favorite chocolate icing.
- 1 pouch Hershey®’s Ultimate Chocolate Brownie Mix
- cup(s) vegetable oil
- cup(s) water
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped fresh or dried cherries
- 3/4 cup(s) coarsely chopped pistachio nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease one 12-cup muffin pan with shortening or line with paper-baking cups.
- Prepare brownie mix in a large bowl according to package directions using vegetable oil, water and eggs. Stir in chopped cherries and pistachio nuts, if using.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups to about three quarters full.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Remove muffins from pan and cool on a rack.