FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Chocolate-Filled Energy Bars
These homemade energy bars are sure to satisfy your hunger and your sweet tooth. Nestlé® Toll House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels sandwiched between a healthy blend of oats, fruit and nuts are inspiration enough to swap empty calories for heartier snacks.
View all tips »
Line pan with aluminum foil sprayed with no-stick cooking spray for easier cleanup. Remove foil before cutting.
- 2 1/2 cup(s) quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup(s) chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup(s) (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup(s) (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) raisins
- 2 cup(s) Nestlé® Toll House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine oats, nuts and 1/4 cup granulated sugar in large bowl. Drizzle 1/4 cup melted butter over mixture; stir until combined. Spread into shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until oats and nuts are toasted, stirring once. Remove from heat; transfer mixture to bowl. Cool completely.
- Beat softened butter in large mixing bowl on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, remaining granulated sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; beat until mixture is combined. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat until combined. Gradually add as much flour as you can with mixer; stir in remaining flour. Add oat mixture and raisins; stir until well combined.
- Spread half of dough into ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle morsels over top, pressing gently into dough. Put remaining dough mixture on top of morsels.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set. Cool slightly on wire rack; cut into bars. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Store in airtight container.