FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Cider French Dip Sandwich with Ambrosia Apple Slaw
Revamp the roast beef sandwich by layering in fall favorites including crisp Ambrosia Apple slaw and apple cider au jus.
View all tips »
Use a cheese grater with apples and carrots instead of chopping and dicing. Saves time and combines flavors with every bite.
- 1 ambrosia apple (peeled and shredded)
- 1 carrot (medium), peeled and shredded
- 1 1/4 cup(s) red onion (Julienne style)
- 3 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 oz. roast beef
- 2 cup(s) French loaf cut in half and lengthwise (or 2 sandwich rolls) toasted
- 3 cup(s) apple cider
- 1 1/4 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. green Tabasco
- Peel the apple and the carrot. Use the cheese grater to shred both in mixing bowl. Add the red onion, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss lightly and set aside.
- In medium saucepan, add the beef bullion and apple cider. Bring to a boil. Dip the roast beef in the sauce pan for 1 minute (reserve the Jus for dipping).
- While waiting:toast the breadmix the mayo and green Tabasco
- Spread the mayo mix on the toasted bread and add the roast beef and top with the Slaw. Place sandwich on a large plate.
- Pour the dipping jus in a small bowl and place with the sandwich.