FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Cinnamon Biscuit Peach Cobbler
Juicy peaches, crunchy walnuts and a dash of cinnamon come together to create this simple, yet delicious dessert.
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1/3 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 6 Tbsp. cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup(s) 2% milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped walnuts
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 cup(s) water
- 9 cup(s) sliced peeled peaches
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda; cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until blended.
- Transfer to a floured surface; knead 10 to 12 times. Pat into a 12-inch square. Brush with melted butter.
- Combine the walnuts, cinnamon and remaining brown sugar; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 inch of edge. Roll up jelly-roll style. Seal dough; set aside.
- For filling: In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and lemon peel. Gradually stir in water until blended. Add peaches. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Transfer to a greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Cut biscuit dough into twelve 1-inch slices; arrange biscuits over filling. Bake, uncovered, at 400°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.