FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Citrus Almond Cookies
Bring home our freshly squeezed orange juice to bump up the sweet, tangy flavor in these shortbread-like cookies.
- 4 cup(s) unblanched almonds, toasted
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 5 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 oz. each), chopped
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 4 tsp. grated orange peel
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 1 cup(s) confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 tsp. water
- Place almonds in a food processor; cover and process until chopped. In a large bowl, combine the almonds, sugar, chocolate and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, orange peel, orange juice, lemon peel and extracts until combined. Gradually add to almond mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 325°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the confectioner's sugar, extracts and enough water to achieve spreading consistency. Spread over cooled cookies. Store in airtight containers.