FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Pamper your better half with a dinner for two that promises to awaken taste buds with an enlivening sweet, citrus flavor from clementines and meaty walnuts.
- 2 beef top sirloin steaks (5 oz. each)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 2 clementines, peeled and sectioned
- 2 Tbsp. onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup(s) dry red wine
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook steaks in oil over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°F; medium, 160°F; well-done, 170°F).
- Meanwhile, combine the clementines, onion and walnuts; set aside. Remove steaks and keep warm.
- Add wine to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 to 2 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 2 tablespoons. Spoon over steaks. Serve with clementine mixture and rice if desired.