FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
A classic Italian dish combining simple ingredients to create an overall crowd pleaser
- 1 jar (24 oz.) Classico® Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cup(s) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 lb. sweet or hot Italian-style sausage
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions. Drain and set aside. In a medium bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown sausage for 4 to 6 minutes, or until cooked through, stirring until small crumbles form.
- Spread 1 cup of pasta sauce evenly over the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish. Layer with half of cooked lasagna noodles, half of ricotta cheese mixture, half of cooked sausage, half of remaining pasta sauce and half of remaining mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered for about 40 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.