FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Classic Sour Cream-Banana Bread
The smell of buttery-sweet, fresh baked banana bread with sour cream and chopped walnuts will bring the whole family together. Bake a loaf today.
View all tips »
Mix 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Dust greased pan with half the sugar mixture. (No need to flour the greased pan.) Pour batter into pan, sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture and bake as directed.
Add one of the following to batter before pouring into prepared pan and baking as directed: 4 chopped squares Baker’s® Semi-Sweet Chocolate, 8 slices cooked and crumbled Oscar Mayer® Bacon, 1 cup Kraft® Caramel Bits or 1 cup toasted Baker’s® Angel Flake Coconut.
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, softened
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 cup(s) fully ripe bananas (about 3), mashed
- 2 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. Calumet® Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup(s) Planters® Walnuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add eggs and sour cream; mix well. Add bananas and combined dry ingredients; mix just until moistened. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into greased and floured 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely before slicing. Refrigerate leftovers.