FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Classic Strawberry Shortcakes
Shortcakes are the sweet sister to biscuits, and they make an awesome dessert when topped and filled with strawberries and whipped cream.
View all tips »
Get creative with your fruit filling. Try raspberry or blueberry instead of strawberry.
- 1 qt. (4 cups) strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 2 1/3 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup(s) whipping cream
- Heat oven to 425°F. In large bowl, mix strawberries and 1/4 cup sugar; set aside.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk, 3 tablespoons sugar and the butter until soft dough forms. On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by 6 rounded tablespoons.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Split warm shortcakes; fill and top with strawberries and whipped cream.