FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Classic Sugar Cookies
You can never go wrong with the appropriate set of cookie cutters and this simple sugar cookie recipe. Try the buttery cream frosting for added delight.
- 1 cup(s) Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cup(s) Pillsbury BEST® All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. salt
- Colored sugar and decors (optional)
Buttery Cream Frosting
- 4 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- Combine shortening, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add milk. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt in separate large bowl. Mix into shortening mixture until well blended. Chill 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out 1/3 of dough at a time to about 1/4-inch thickness on floured surface. Cut out with cookie cutters. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugars and decors or leave plain and frost when cooled.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until edges of cookies are slightly golden. Remove immediately to cooling rack.
- To prepare the Buttery Cream Frosting, combine powdered sugar, shortening and vanilla in bowl with electric mixer; slowly blend in milk to reach desired consistency. Beat on high speed for 5 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Tint frosting with food coloring, if desired.