FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Classic Thumbprint Cookies
Filled with the one-of-a-kind taste of Smucker’s® jam, this recipe combines delicious fruit flavor with classic crunch.
- 1/2 cup(s) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup(s) Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cup(s) Pillsbury BEST® All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cup(s) finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup(s) Smucker’s® Strawberry Jam
- Heat oven to 350°F. Adjust rack to middle position. Coat two cookie sheets lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- Beat brown sugar and shortening in medium bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes or until fluffy. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add egg yolks, water, vanilla and salt. Beat until well combined. Add flour on low speed until well blended.
- Beat egg whites in a shallow bowl until foamy. Place pecans in a separate shallow bowl. Measure about 2 teaspoons of dough for each cookie. Form into balls by rolling between your palms. Dip each dough ball into egg whites, and then roll into pecans. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Using the back of a teaspoon or your thumb, make a rounded indentation in the top of each cookie.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven. It may be necessary to create the indentation once again with a spoon. Place about 1 teaspoon of jam into the indentation of each cookie. Bake an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven. Cool on baking sheet for several minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.