FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Classic Waldorf Salad
First served in the 1890s at the prestigious Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York City, the original version of this crisp apple salad with a light, lemony dressing contained only apples, celery and mayonnaise. Walnuts and raisins were eventually added and are now standard.
View all tips »
- Sweetened dried cranberries or golden raisins may be used in place of regular raisins.
- 3 New Crop Gala Apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup(s) finely chopped celery
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup(s) raisins
- 1 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. white sugar
- Toss the chopped apples and lemon juice together in a bowl. Stir in the celery, walnuts and raisins.
- Mix the mayonnaise and sugar together in a bowl; stir into the apple mixture until evenly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.