FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Coca-Cola Beef Brisket
A favorite for Sunday suppers and potlucks. This is also a great addition to a menu prepared mostly on the grill.
- 2 liters Coca-Cola® (not diet)
- 2 lb. center-cut beef brisket
- 2 can tomato sauce (4 ounce ea.)
- 1 packet instant onion soup/dip mix
- Ginger, ground
- Place beef brisket fat-side up in a flat roasting pan. Sprinkle onion soup/dip mix on top of brisket. Pour tomato sauce on top. Sprinkle with ground ginger. Pour half of the 2-liter bottle of Coca-Cola over meat. Place whole potatoes and carrots around the sides of the pan. Add enough water to cover meat.
- Place in 350°F oven for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, occasionally spooning sauce over meat. If necessary, add a little more Coca-Cola or water to keep the meat covered. Meat is done when fork-tender.
- When finished, remove meat from pan and slice fat cap off the top. Using an electric knife, cut meat across the grain into 1/4-inch slices. Serve with the potatoes and carrots with sauce over all.