FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Coca-Cola® Glazed Baby Back Ribs
This recipe was prepared at The World of Coca-Cola by chef Virginia Willis.
View all tips »
Scotch bonnet peppers are intensely hot, but their fire is tempered by the sweetness of the sugar and Coke. To tone down the heat, substitute jalapeños instead.
- 1 cup(s) Coca-Cola® Classic
- 1/4 cup(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup(s) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 Scotch bonnet chiles, chopped
- 2 racks baby back ribs (3 pound total)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring grill or oven temperature to 325°F.
- Liberally season both sides of the ribs with salt and pepper. Place the ribs on a broiler pan; cook for 30 minutes, glazing the ribs occasionally with the Coca-Cola mixture.
- Turn the ribs over and continue to cook for an additional 30 minutes, glazing occasionally, or until the ribs are tender and the meat is starting to pull away from the bone.
- When the ribs are cooked through, place on grill or set oven to broil. Liberally spoon half of the remaining glaze over the ribs and cook until glazed a deep mahogany brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Turn over; repeat with the remaining glaze, an additional 5 to 7 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, bring the Coca-Cola, vinegar, brown sugar, and chiles to a boil over high heat; reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until syrupy, about 10 minutes. Decrease the heat to low and keep the sauce warm while the ribs cook.