FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Coffee-Crusted Prime Rib
Servings: 12 - 16
An unlikely ingredient brings exceptional flavor to this prime rib dinner, especially when the seasonings are left to fuse overnight.
- 1 Tbsp. finely ground coffee
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 beef ribeye roast (4 to 5 lbs.)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cup(s) soaked wood chips, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
- Tie the roast at 1 1/2- to 2-inch intervals with kitchen string. Rub seasonings over roast; cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove roast from refrigerator 1 hour before grilling; brush with oil. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan, adding half the wood chips if desired.
- Place roast over drip pan and grill, covered, over medium-low indirect heat for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°F; medium, 160°F; well-done, 170°F), adding remaining wood chips after 1 hour.
- Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.