FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Granita, a traditional treat in Italy and France, is a mixture of sugar, liquid (like fruit juice, coffee or wine) and water that is stirred while freezing.
- 2 cup(s) Folgers® Classic Roast Coffee, lukewarm double-strength
- cup(s) sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Kahlúa® or Irish whiskey
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 cup(s) barely sweetened whipped cream
- Coffee beans
- Stir warm coffee, sugar, Kahlúa and lemon zest together until sugar dissolves. Cool.
- Pour mixture into 8-inch square metal baking pan.
- Freeze mixture until icy around the edges (about 45 minutes). Use a fork to rake the frozen edges toward the center. Repeat the raking several times, until frozen through, about 2 hours total.
- Cover, keep frozen. Can be made up to 2 days ahead.
- To Serve: Use a large spoon or ice cream scoop to mold. Serve in a martini glass, frosted parfait glass or in a small dish. Garnish with a dollop of barely sweetened whipped cream and 3 whole coffee beans.