FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Coffee Roast Beef
Choose from a variety of coffee blends in club to complement our juicy USDA Choice roast.
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (5 lb.)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup(s) strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup(s) hot water and 1 beef bouillon cube, combined
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup(s) water
- In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on all sides. Remove and set aside. Add onion to the pan; sauté until tender. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the coffee and bouillon mixture; return roast to pan. Bring to a boil. Cover and bake at 325°F for 2 1/4 to 2 3/4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef to a serving platter; keep warm. Combine flour and remaining water until smooth. Stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice roast and serve with gravy.