FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Cookies and Cream Whoopie Pies
Whoopie pies aren’t just for kids. These homemade Whoopie Pies will woo everyone’s taste buds with their soft sandwich layers filled with a creamy vanilla middle.
View all tips »
Replace vanilla in the filling with a few drops of mint extract for chocolate mint cookies.
- 1 pouch (1 lb. 1.5 oz.) Betty Crocker® Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/3 cup(s) unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 Tbsp. Gold Medal® All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/4 cup(s) plus 2 Tbsp. softened butter, divided
- 1 .1 tsp. vanilla, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 4 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. milk
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir together cookie mix, cocoa and flour. Add sour cream, 1/4 cup butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and egg; stir until stiff dough forms.
- Shape dough into 28 (1 1/4-inch) balls. Roll in sugar. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Press each ball to flatten.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until set (do not over-bake). Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely – about 15 minutes.
- Beat powdered sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons butter, milk and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy. Stir in crushed cookies. Spread about 2 teaspoons filling on bottom of 1 cookie. Top with second cookie, bottom-side down; gently press cookies together. Store between sheets of waxed paper in tightly covered container.