FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Corn Cakes with Shrimp & Guacamole
The stunning presentation is deceiving for just how easy these exciting appetizers are to make. A hint of sweetness in the pancake mix serves as a delicious contrast to the smooth, savory flavors of guacamole and the tender texture of shrimp.
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh or frozen corn
- 1 1/4 cup(s) water, divided
- 1 cup(s) complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tsp. dried cilantro
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 4 Tbsp. finely chopped onion, divided
- 1 Tbsp. chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 24 cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small saucepan, bring the corn and 1/2 cup water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4 to 6 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine pancake mix and cheese. Add pepper sauce and remaining water; stir just until moistened. Fold in the corn, red pepper, 2 tablespoons onion and minced cilantro.
- Pour batter by tablespoonfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash avocado with remaining onion, jalapeño, lime juice and salt. Top each pancake with a teaspoonful of guacamole and a shrimp. Serve immediately.