FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Crab Lettuce Rolls
Substitute 12 ounces of fresh lump crab meat for the Surimi in these delicate and refreshing salad rolls.
- 12 oz. lump crab meat, cooked
- 1 1/2 cup(s) cooked rice (preferably short-grain Japanese rice)
- 1/2 cup(s) cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup(s) Asian-style salad dressing, bottled (preferably with ginger and wasabi), or for a lighter version use a low- or non-fat dressing
- 1/4 cup(s) pickled ginger, chopped, optional garnish
- 1/2 cup(s) toasted nori (seaweed), optional garnish
- 3 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds, garnish
- 1 head iceberg lettuce hamburger or hoagie buns, toasted
Directions for cups
- Cut off the bottom third of the lettuce head. Soak lettuce top in ice water for 10 minutes - this will help separate the leaves.
- Carefully separate the outer lettuce leaves, one at a time, to make the cups.
- Using scissors, trim each lettuce cup to form circles. A head of iceberg should yield 8 to 10 lettuce cups. Save the lettuce core for a chopped lettuce salad.
Directions for salad
- Combine lumped crab meat, cooked rice, cucumber and avocado in a large bowl.
- Add salad dressing; toss to coat all ingredients.
- Place lettuce cups on a large plate and fill each with about 1/2 cup of the crab meat-rice filling.
- Garnish with pickled ginger, nori and sesame seeds to serve.